Hey there everyone!
It has been such a long time since I've posted. Summer time is such a busy time and I've been working a ton keeping me unfortunately away from all of you! As the weather begins to cool down however I am looking forward to getting back to posting a little more regular than I was before. I am also looking at getting back into all of the challenges that I have had a blast playing along with in the past.
I do however want to share with you today a couple cards that I made several months ago but which I haven't had a chance to post. I didn't play along with any challenge or follow any sketches, but rather created these cards from scratch.
I had a friend ask if I would make a couple cards for her uncle who was turning 70. She also requested that I make a card from her mom to her mom's brother for his 70th. I thought that this would be a ton of fun, and I was for sure right. I asked her a little bit about her uncle and she let me know that he was a farmer, so something that played into that would be fun and something cute for him. This sounded like a ton of fun, and I couldn't wait to get started...except...I didn't own any farm type stamps that I could use for these cards, so I went out and purchased something that would fit.
The first card that I am going to show you really does play up the fact that it is his 70th Birthday. I wanted the number to be the focal point of the card, and it certainly didn't disappoint.
Here's a front view of the card...
Here's a side view of the first card...
Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the background layers on the card.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the stars on the card front
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape
Double Sided Tape - used to attach various layers of this card together
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the stars to the card front
Acrylic Block - used to attach the number stamps to and stamp them on the card front
MFT Black Ink - ink used to stamp the numbers on the card front
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies to cut out the stars and the pierced squares
Paper Smooches Stars Die - used to cut out the stars for the front of the card
Pierced Square Die - used to cut out the number and the mat
Recollection Numbers Stamp - used to stamp the numbers on the front of the card (I cannot find a link for these, but the are from Michaels and I got them in the store)
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the stars
White Cardstock - used for the card base and to stamp the numbers on
Black Cardstock - used to cut out some of the stars
Red Cardstock - used to cut out some of the stars
Orange Cardstock - used for the square mat for the numbers
Pattern Paper - My Minds Eye - It's my party - used for the star background on the card base (cannot find a link for this)
The second card that I made I had purchased a new stamp for as I had mentioned earlier in the post. The stamp had a little butterfly in the original image but I got rid of it and love how cute the card turned out.
Here's a picture of the front of the second card...
I just think its so stinken cute....(pun definitely intended) haha! the card is so simple and yet I think it's perfect for a farmer.
Here's a picture of the side of the card...
Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base
Bone Folder - used to crease and fold the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the bakers twine, and the green paper to look like grass and fussy cut out the pig
Foam Adhesive - used to add dimension to the balloons on the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the pig, grass and balloons to the card front
Acrylic Block - used to attach the stamps to in order to stamp on the paper
Amy R - It's your Birthday Stamp Set
Under Construction Pig Stamp - used for the pig on the card (no link available because the company is no longer in business)
Star Stamp - star stamp used from this stamp set on the balloon by the sentiment
MFT Ink - used to stamp the wording and the image in
Promarkers - used to colour the pig
Baker's Twine (Black and White) - used for the strings on the balloons
Cricut Machine - used with a cartridge to cut out the balloons
Cricut Cartridge - used to cut out the different sized balloons
Black Number Stickers - used to put the age on the balloon (not the exact product, but linked to something similar)
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Copic Paper - used to stamp the pig onto and colour
Solid Coloured Cardstock - scraps from my stash - (unfortunately no link for the scraps)
I would love to know what you think of the cards, and love comments so please leave some below for me :)
I can't wait to share some other beautiful things with you very soon!