Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bellarific Friday - MOJOBELLA Sketch #4

Hey there everyone!  It's been a little while since I've been on here and for that I am truely sorry.  I have been tidying my scrap space and am loving my new organization bins which I talked about in a previous post (I will post pictures soon I promise). Now that the mess is organized and I am able to find things easier I think it's for sure time to get back at creating cards and posting them to challenges, and building up my stash. 
I was so honoured to be asked by a couple of my friends to create cards for them to give to their boyfriends for Valentines Day and/or Anniversary.  The one card that I created I knew that I wanted to play along with the Bellarific Friday Sketch Challenge.  I knew what stamp and saying I would be using because I hadn't used them before so just had to play with them and design something for her.  My friend who had asked me to do the card is a teacher, and I just thought that it was perfect for me to be able to create a card with a Dr. Seuss Quote on it, and the image just went along with it so perfectly.
This is the Sketch that inspired my card:
12342711_1021139901275969_4880268470290923388_n
Leading up to me creating this card too, something that I had ordered for myself (a late Christmas gift to me) arrived in the mail and I just couldnt resist colouring the card with them.  Her card turned out so cute.
Here's the front of the card that I created:
Here's the side view of the card:


Here's the image that I used and coloured for the card:

(please be kind...this is my first time using my Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons, so I am still getting used to them)...

 Supplies Used
Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, the main image and sentiment and the matt
2 sided tape - used to adhere all of the layers together
Ranger Multi Matte Medium - used to adhere the sequence, and heart to the card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the tails on the ribbon
Stamp Press - used to stamp the image and sentiment onto paper
Black Licorice Ink - ink that was used to stamp the image and sentiment with
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - colouring medium used to colour in the image
Stamping Bella Stamp and Sentiment "In Love" - used as the main image and sentiment for the card
Water Colour Paper - this is the paper the image and wording is stamped on
White Cardstock Paper - used for the card base
Pattern Paper - scrap paper that was laying around
Plain Coloured Papers - scrap hearts that were previously cut and in my scrap box (any paper would do)
Pink Doily - used for the back ground circle layer (cant find exact doily for link - heres a link for something similar)
EK Success Tweezers - used to help put on the sequences
Doodlebug Sequence - used to add shimmer to the card
Doodlebug Twine - used to embellish the side of the card
Cuttle Bug - machine used with the diecuts to cut out hearts and banner.
MFT Fishtail Flag Dies - used to cut the pattern line paper into a flag
Heart Die Cut - used to cut the heart embellishments out for this card (can't find a link for this but will post once once I can find it)
Clear Wink of Stella - used to add shimmer to the image as well as to the diecut hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment