Sunday, March 5, 2017

Shane's Surprise Party Invites

Hey Everyone!  Thanks for taking the time to stop by to check out my latest card.
It's been on the down low for a week now, and I am excited to share it with you.  Shane (my boyfriend) knows my blog and checks in to see what I've been working on, so I didn't want him to stumble across this one until after the surprise party for his 30th is under way (which it currently is).    He asked me to not do anything crazy for his birthday so I thought that it would be nice to just get family together to celebrate him all together.  This is the first time that my parents are meeting his, and our siblings will be meeting.  We've been together over 2 years, and I thought there was no greater way to break the ice than to celebrate Shane.  

I am somewhat traditional, and thought that sending a text or facebook message/invite to everyone was super impersonal, so I thought I'd kick it old school and send out invites to his party.  I am sooooooo excited with the way that his cards turned out.

As you know I love to use up scraps, and believe that beautiful things can be created out of scraps that are laying around and this card is no exception.  I was fairly disappointed at one point that I ran out of thick black number stickers, so I thought that I would make do by stamping the numbers on the last 3 cards.

Here's the front of the invite...


Here's a side view of the card...


Here's all of the cards that I created...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the strips of papers, the card base, and the number, and the mat around the numbers
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card bases
EK Success Tweezers - used to help add the letters, and the numbers to the card front
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ends of the strips of papers and the double sided tape
Acrylic Block - used to attach the number stamps to in order to stamp the numbers
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the white paper with the 30 on it to its mat
Foam Adhesive - used to attach the number to the card to add dimension 
MFT Ink - used to stamp the 30s in
Recollections - Big One Double - stamps used for the 30s (no link available online, however this product was purchased at Michaels Canada)
Black Letters - used to write "Shane turns..." on the card front (not the exact product used, but I linked to something similar which could be used in the same way)
White Cardstock - used for the card base, and to stamp/add the number to.
Black Cardstock - used to mat the age 30
Pattern Papers - used for the strips and flags on the card front (these are scraps from my stash, so there are no links for these)

No comments:

Post a Comment