Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy 33rd Anniversary

I wanted to create something special for my parents 33rd wedding anniversary.  My parents are people who aren't to serious and love the fun things in life.  Mom runs a daycare and loves to be around little children, and dad loves spiders and his Harley....how do I combine all that?  In trying to figure out what  I would do for them as a card, I chose to use a stamp that is playful but yet still "love" related.

The image itself lent very well to a colour pallet combination that I had been given on my facebook discussion that someone would like to see me try.  I picked the pattern/coloured paper to fit the colour scheme and then coloured the image to match.  I selected a ribbon that was not so heavy but rather on the light side, and die cut some hearts and the main shape of the image and its mat.  To finish it up I added some glitter to it as I do most of my cards.  I  LOVE GLITTER!

Here is the card that my parents received for their anniversary with their gift inside.
Hope you LOVE it because they certainly did.


Here is a side view of the card.  It allows you to see the different levels in layering the paper as well as the glitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment