Sunday, October 6, 2013

Monkey's Birthday

I know its been a while since I've posted, but things have been busy.  I have been designing like crazy and hope to get things posted over the next day or so.  I have been working with a couple family members who wanted to order some cards, so I designed cards around their must haves (colour schemes, occasion/themes, and sometimes even image choices).  

For this card...I designed it for my sister who wanted something fun for her fiance.  When my sister-in-law saw this card she fell in love with it... she wanted some slight changes made to the card so that she could give it to her 2 year old nephew.

Heres the original card


And the side view of the card which will show the different levels/layers


The card for my sister-in-laws nephew.  Notice the slight differences between the 2 cards.


Side View of the same card.



This card turned out exactly as I had hoped.  I coloured the little monkey with my promarkers, then i used some scrap papers that I had laying around, and tried to incorporate all of the bright and fun colours into the card.  Birthday cards are supposed to be bright and cheerful arent they?!


No comments:

Post a Comment