Monday, January 20, 2014

Your How Old?

I just love this saying!  It's so perfect for those cards that you want with the recipients age on it.  These are great too when you are giving someone a card that you dont know all to well, but whom you need a card for.  I have done this card in various numbers, colours and sizes.  It just turns out so great regardless of the age on it.
The sample that you will see here I made for a customer's brother in law.  She told me that he likes video games, and energy drinks, however designing a card with those things in mind was incredibly difficult, so a number card was perfect. 
I made a card very similar to the card you will see below, and thought that it would be perfect to do it again with a different number...I used masculine colours because I just love these pattern papers. 
I used Recollection (Michael's Brand) pattern paper and a Recollection Number stamp set to stamp the age on the card in Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs).  I then tied it with some ribbon that I had laying around, and attached a sentement from Amy R's Birthday Stamp set, and finished it off with a little bit of glitter on the numbers.  I also used a punch to make the one piece of paper look like it had been ripped out of a binder/book to add some dimention and some character. 
The original version of this card


The side view of the original card.


The only difference was that the number on the card was different and the "Happy Birthday" was changed to "your how old".  Having fun with number cards...there are so many endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment