Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Merry Monday #144 Challenge

Goodmorning!!  
I hope that everyone is staying safe with all this winter weather we are having.  Yesterday in Niagara we had a snow day.  Most stores were closed, the city facilities were close, schools were closed, and so were the banks and such.  It was a PERFECT day for making some cards.  It was also the perfect day to make a card for the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.

This week for the challenge the theme:


When I saw this challenge there was automatically an image that came to mind.  It had a bow incorporated into the image, and I generally put a bow on my card somewhere anyways, so I thought that I would do double duty with this challenge.  

The idea of these challenges is to get a head start on making Christmas cards for the next year.  I love this challenge because it is going to eliminate a lot of stress come Christmas time because my cards will already be something thats done.  When making cards for the Merry Monday challenges I've gotten myself into the habit of making 2 cards that way I twice as many cards.

Now without further delay here is the card...

I snapped this photo right after I had finished making the card, and I am glad I did because for some reason I cannot seem to take a picture of the front that doesn't turn out to blurry.  This week I decided not to do to much embellishing and use scraps of paper that I have left over from this years Christmas cards, so all of the paper used is scraps, and so are the ribbon pieces. 




Here's another shot of the front of the card (however its a tad blurry so I apologize)...



Here's a close up of the image itself.  I wish you could see the glitter on his hat and pompom and the shimmer that I have added to just the bow and ribbon on his gift.


Heres a side view of the card.  This card is pretty flat this time, and the bow is the only thing that adds the dimension.



I love how this card turned out and I love that it is all traditional Christmas colours.  

I will attempt to link to the supplies used, but some of the product are scraps and a source may not be able to be located.

Whimsy Stamps - cling stamp used for image
Letraset Promarkers - used for colouring the image
Fishtail Flag Dies - used 3 of the sizes
Pierced Circle Dies - used to cut out the image and the mat for the image
Clear Glitter - on the penguin's hat
Wink of Stella - used on the ribbon and the bow on the penguin's gift
Mono Multi Glue - used for attaching all the pieces together
Happy Holiday - sentiment from a Recollection Wood Mount Set
Ribbon - Offray Kiwi

Paper source is unknown I'm sorry :(


Cannot wait for Merry Monday #145 to see what I get to design next!


16 comments:

  1. Great use of scraps. Love your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa :) I make many attempts at using my scraps because otherwise you end up with so many you don't know what to do with them.

      Delete
  2. I'm also on a use-up-your-scraps kick! Love the image on this! Looks like a lot of fun to color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Its amazing how much you can really make with all your scraps eh? I love this image because it is so versatile and can be used for many occasions.

      Delete
  3. Adorable card Amanda, this image is so cute. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina. I had a blast again this week playing along with the Merry Monday challenge.

      Delete
  4. Spotted your card on Merry Monday. Just love the coloring on your sweet penguin and what a yummy green bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I love this little penguin he is just so stinken cute!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love the stamp image! That little guy is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! Love the colours!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me at Merry Monday. I really enjoy playing along and am loving seeing my stash of Christmas cards start to grow! I don't know why I didn't join sooner!

      Delete
  7. Love this sweet image with the beautiful package, Amanda! Great layout too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me join you at Merry Monday. I love this image as well, and for the layout I followed a sketch I had seen and loved.

      Delete
  8. Cute little penguin image, and great job coloring! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete