Friday, February 20, 2015

Merry Monday #146 Challenge

Hey Everyone.  
It was nice to have a long weekend and spend time with family and friends, however it threw my schedule off very much with posting of this card.
I am getting this up now, better late than ever.  

I am so happy to be entering and playing along again this week with the Merry Monday Challenge.  

Here's the Challenge: 


This week's theme had me almost stumped.  I went through my stamp catalogue (yes I have all my stamps stamped out in a binder sorted by artist/company) and almost didn't have a stamp that would have been fitting for this challenge, until I came to this one.

I had a ton of colouring to do as this image is very detailed, but I love to colour so it was a ton of fun.  If one card was a lot of colouring, I made 2 almost identical cards to add to my growing stash of Christmas Cards.  I also did some online shopping and my order arrived before making this card, so I actually got to play with a couple of the new things I got. :)

I had coloured the image and then couldn't decide what paper to use, so I took this picture of the papers that were in the running.  



I finally settled on paper and couldn't have been more thrilled with the way it turned out.  I also found a few snowflakes in my scrap drawer, and just knew that I had to use them.

Here's a picture of the first card:


Here's a picture of the second card (my favourite):


Here's a side view of my card:



Supplies Used

Acrylic Block - tool used for stamping
Paper Trimmer - used to cut the paper
Black Ink - used to stamp the image
Santa's Coming Tonight - awesome image used for this card
Tag- used to cut the image out
Letraset Promarkers - used to colour the image
Double Sided Tape - used to attach everything together
Wink of Stella - used to add shimmer to the image
Iridescent Spray - used to add shimmer to the snowflakes

The ribbon, pattern paper, snowflakes (I will look to see if I can find the die cuts that were used for the snowflakes - and post tomorrow) and little gems on the card are all scraps so unfortunately there aren't links for them.

8 comments:

  1. You can see all the work that went into this card! It turned out so perfectly!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary! It's nice when all that work comes together!

      Delete
  2. Awww, the stamped image is so sweet and what a great job you did with all the coloring! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me play along with so many talented ladies, I am honestly so honoured to have my work alongside so much other talent.

      Delete
  3. Love the tag and stamped image, lovely colouring too. Cute Christmas card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan! Thanks for having me, i had alot of fun!

      Delete
  4. These are totally adorable! Love that sweet image and how you used a tag! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me Kristie. I really enjoyed being able to join in the fun!

      Delete