Saturday, November 21, 2015

Mojo Monday 424 Challenge

Hey everyone, I know that it's been a while since I've been on here but I thought it was time to get back at it.  With the colder weather creeping up on us it's a great time to get comfortable with my scrap nook and let the creative juices flow.  I have a lot of Christmas cards cards to do over the next couple weeks and I'm kicking it into high gear, while playing along with a couple amazing challenges.  

For this card I played along with Mojo Monday's Sketch Challenge 424
At first I struggled with the sketch but it's called a challenge because I think it's supposed to actually challenge you!  
Mission accepted and mission accomplished!

Here is the challenge...

Fun right!  I turned the sketch and created a card with this lay out just on it's side.  I know I had a blast and am thrilled with how my card turned out.  Last week I had every intention of playing along with merry Monday's challenge of white, pink and green.  I had coloured an image and it ended up in my scrap box as I ran out of time to get it onto a card and entered but this little guy or gal needed to make its way onto the card so this was a perfect opportunity. 

I will also mention that the colours for this card are my FAVOURITES, and I am so happy to design a Christmas card that is done in non-traditional colours. 

Here's the front of the card....

Here's the side view of the card....

Here's the image itself...

This little Penguin is just simply the cutest.  I had a blast playing along and cannot wait to see what next weeks challenge is.  I will be back in a couple days with more Christmas Cards for you all.

I am working on linking to supplies used, so please bear with me...this process takes longer than you know.

Supplies Used
Fiskar Paper Trimmer - used to cut the background paper as well as the card base
Letraset Promarkers - used to colour the image in with
Letraset Ultra Fine Nibs - used to get more percise colouring.
Copic 92lb Cardstock - used to colour the image on
White Cardstock - Used for the card base as well as to stamp the wording onto
Pattern Paper - Recollections Winter Woodland Paper (not able to find source)
Solid Coloured Paper - scraps however you could use any colours or style paper for this
Acrylic Block - used to stamp the sentiment and the penguin
MFT Black Licorice Ink - used to stamp the image and sentiment with
Penguin Pressie - main image used for the card
Merry Christmas (wording) - CC Designs - Amy R stamps used as the sentiment for card (Retired Product so no source available sorry)
Cuttle Bug Machine - die cut machine used to cut the shapes
MFT Pierced Rectangle Die - used to cut out image and the mat for the penguin image
MFT Pierced Circle Die - used to cut out sentiment and mat for sentiment.
2 Sided Adhesive - used to attach everything to card base
Mono-Multi Adhesive - used to attach snowflakes to card
Quickie Glue - used to attach the loose glitter
Offray Ribbon (Kiwi) - used for ribbon and bow on the card
Snowflake Boarder Punch - used to punch the snowflake boarders and pieces used as snowflakes on the card.
Gems - used in the centers of the snowflakes to add some shine.
Ultra Fine Loose Glitter - used ontop of the image to add shimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment