Saturday, March 5, 2016

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes - post #1

Hey Everyone!  Its been a couple weeks since I've posted a card on here, but don't worry I will have 2 to post so I am going to be making up for lost time.

I designed a card for a friend to give to her Brother-in-law for his birthday.  When she had asked me to do something for him I jumped at the chance.  She then made it more difficult by telling me that he loves football and that it would be amazing if I could make a card that incorporated his favourite team...Greenbay Packers.  I started by consulting my book that I have with all of my stamps (stamped) in it to see if I had anything football themed, and well...NEGATIVE on that.  I then remembered that I have a couple cricut cartridges for my cricut (which I don't use all that often for some reason).  Sure enough there was a football player in there, so I decided that if I cut his uniform in Greenbay colours then maybe this would do the trick.  I also stumbled across some pattern paper that looked like turf/grass, so knew that this would work well also.  I went through my sticker drawer and came across some football stickers, however none of them seemed all that interesting for this card, but I was able to use some of the stars.  To my surprise the stars were greens and they worked perfectly with the team colours.  I am so glad to have had the chance to create a card for her to give to her brother-in-law which will hopefully make his special day just a tad more special.

I decided that the challenge over at Seize the Birthday was a great one to play along with this week, and am excited to be able to enter this card into the challenge.

Here's the challenge:



Here's the image that I used on my card...


 Here's the front view of my card...



Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the pattern paper and the card base
Cricut - machine used to cut out the image (linked to newer version than my current one)
Cricut Matt - used to hold the scrap paper for cutting
Create a Friend Cartridge - this is the program/photo bank that I used and selected an image from to cut
Create a Critter Cartridge - used for the wording on the inside of the card
Stars - used on the card as embellishments
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the 2 sided adhesives and foam.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help assemble Card
2 sided tape - used to adhere the background to the card base
2 sided foam adhesive - used to pop the football player up on the card
Ranger Matte Medium - used to adhere the pieces together for the football player.
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Recollection "Green Grass" Pattern Paper - used for the background of the image.
Coloured Paper- scraps from my stash
(so unfortunately no links available for them, but any solid card stock would work)

No comments:

Post a Comment