Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Bellarific Friday Challenge!

Hey Ladies!  I am so happy to be back with you sharing another card.  I has been a while since I was able to post this frequently, but as I said I will be able to post a little more frequently now that some of the craziness in my life is settling down.

I decided to play along with the Bellarific Challenge this week and because I'm so engrossed in my sisters Baby Shower and the things that go along with it I thought it would be fitting to share a couple more baby themed cards that I made for some upcoming showers that I will be attending.

The Challenge over at Stamping Bella this week is to create a card using either a ribbon or washi tape.  I often struggle to create a card using washi tape, partly because I don't have very many to play with, but also because I just love tieing bows, and love how a silky ribbon just finishes off a card...especially baby cards.

I started these cards with selecting some pattern papers first and then I decided to colour the images accordingly so that they matched the papers.  I usually find that I have the greatest success and the card is very put together when doing it this way.  

Here's the fronts of the cards that I did for a couple people who don't know yet if they are having a boy or a girl, and some whom are leaving it be a surprise.

I just love the pattern papers in this paper pack and thought It was a great way to play with these papers, and found a couple polkadot papers that were in my scrap bin that matched perfectly too.

Here's the fronts of the girl cards that I did for a couple friends who are having a girl.  (My sister included)

This one didn't make it into the group picture... made 4 of them.

I don't know what it is but I also really love these pattern papers too.  I just couldn't get enough, and had to play with some of the scraps that matched too.

I am still working on the ones for boys, and will update this post with them once they are done.  I just couldn't help myself.  I was on such a roll, and had to play along with this challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by to visit and check out my cards.

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the rectangular mats for the cards.
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Stamp Press - used to attach the image to in order to stamp it on white paper
Acrylic Block - used to attach the wording to in order to stamp it.
Tweezers - used to help position the sprinkles, and help tie the bows
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the bows, and for cutting out the paper pieces
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the layers together.
Foam Adhesive - used to give dimension to the sentiment
Ranger Matte Medium - used to put adhesive on the paper pieces
Promarkers - used to colour the image in
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the outline of the image with
Ranger Inks (pink) - used to stamp the sentiment in (pink gumball)
Stickles Icicles - used to add shimmer to the images
Offray Yellow Ribbon - used for the bow and ribbon on a couple of the cards
Offray Pink Ribbon - used for the bow and ribbon on a couple of the cards
Offray Purple Ribbon - used for the bows and ribbon on a couple of the cards
Stampin Up Baby Bundle Stamp Set - used for the sentiment for the cards
Stamping Bella - Bryn has a baby shower - used as the main image for card fronts
Cuttlebug Machine - machine used with the dies to cut out various shapes
Spellbinder Die Labels 10 - used to cut out the image and the mat for the image (cannot find a link)
White Cardstock - used for the card base and background for the sentiment
Copic Cardstock 110lbs - used to stamp the image onto
Pattern Papers 
Boys - Craft Smith - Little One MP0010 pattern paper (cannot find a link)
Girls - K + Company - Snugglebug pattern paper - polkadots and wording papers

I would love if you would leave me some love below in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment