Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Baby Shower Invitations for my sister

Hey All! It has been a while since I have been on here, and for that I truly do apologize.  It's been pure chaos in my life currently, there is so much going on.  I am going to be able to get on here a lot more often in the coming months, because I will be off due to surgery, and fully plan on spending a good portion of my recovery time designing more cards, and relaxing in bed while blogging!  I hope that you don't get sick of me.

I wanted to share with you a rather large project that I have been working on (part of the reason that I have been away for so long).  I have been planning and preparing for my sisters baby showers.  She is having 2 one for family (since we have a rather large extended family), and one for the ladies at our church and close friends.  We have already had 1 of her showers, and the next one is in May.  There is a good chance that the baby will be here before her family shower which would be fun :)

I had the privilege of making her baby shower invites, and because of the sizes of our family and friends group I actually designed and put together 108 baby shower invitations.

The idea was born from her bedding (colours and elephant pattern).  I just thought that this would be a great way for people to see what colours she was going to be doing the nursery in as well as her theme of elephants.  My boyfriend was a huge help when I needed some mental math done to figure out how many of each sheet of paper to purchase for these invites as well as he was a champ working the cuttle bug and helped me cut out a ton of dies!  He's so good to me!

I'm going to start with showing you the papers that I selected...


Here's a picture of the shower invites half of the way done.


Here's a finished invite...



Here's the 12 different combinations of the card that I created.  I made 9 of each card.

Supplies Used
Paper Trimmer - used to cut all of the paper.
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the ribbon on the card.
2 sided tape - used to attach the pattern papers to one another.
Mono Multi - liquid glue used to adhere the large hearts.
Small Glue Dots - used to adhere the small hearts
Large Glue Dots - used to adhere the buttons to the elephants
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the hearts with
Acrylic Block - used to adhere the clear stamp to for stamping
Ribbon - from Prima Wrap
Clear Stamp - used for the wording "You're Invited" (Recollections Retired Stamp Collection - got it on clearance, but any You're Invited would do)
Blue Die Ink (Carribean Coast) -  Used to stamp wording
Purple Die Ink (Grape Soda) - Used to stamp wording  
Ink Cleaner - used to clean the ink off of the stamp
Cuttlebug - used with the dies to cut all shapes, and layers of the card.
Cuttlebug Plates - used to sandwich dies and paper for cutting
Elephant die - used to cut the elephants out
Heart Dies - used to cut the various size hearts out for the card. (Unable to find source)
Rectangle Die - used to cut the pattern paper
MFT Torn Notepad Die - used for the card base design for the card. (Unable to find link for this product)
Scallop Die - used to cut a scalloped strip for the card. (Unable to find a link for this product)
White Card Stock - used for the card bases, as well as for the elephants and large heart
Pattern Papers - found at Michaels loose stock
Blue Polka Dots - Recollection (Pattern Number Unknown)
Grey Polka Dots - Recollection (Pattern Number Unknown)
Purple Polka Dots - Recollection (Pattern Number Unknown)
Grey and White Stripes - Recollection - 317251
Blue and White Stripes - Recollection 317275
Purple Chevron - Recollection 317304
Blue Chevron - Recollection 317474
Grey Honeycomb - Recollection 317547
Purple Wag Pattern - Recollection 267048  
Solid coloured paper used for the little hearts and scalloped strip (blue, teal, purple, and grey) - scrap box (sorry no source for them...any paper would do for this)


If I happen to stumble across some of the supplies used that I wasn't able to link to I will add the link and update this post so that if you want to get your hands on these products you can.

I hope that you enjoy this post, and would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment