Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Linus' Christmas

Hey Everyone!  
I pray that you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends.  I realize that this can be a difficult time for some of you but I truly hope that you were able to experience the magic of the season!  

I am back today to share with you a card that I was asked to make for a friend of mine for her husband.  I am always very excited to design cards for her to give because they are never your normal  cards.  This time she asked if I could make a Christmas card with Linus on it.  

Not owning any Peanut stamps I took my hunt to the internet where I was able to find this adorable colouring page image, and it was perfect for me to add my own stamp to. I then started with sizing the image and then I covered it in Rubber Cement so that I could stamp the Christmas tree behind Linus and Snoopy. 
I couldn't be more thrilled with how this card turned out.  It is so cute and I really hope that her husband loved his card!

Here's the image I used on the card...


Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...



Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the layers of paper for this card.
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the other layers to the card
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the snowflakes to the card
Bone Folder - used to fold the card base and crease the fold of the card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the ribbon
Rubber Cement - used to cover the image to prevent the tree from stamping ontop of the image
Paint Brush - used to put the rubber cement over the image
Adhesive Eraser - used to help remove the rubber cement without damaging the card
Prisma  Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour in the image
Acrylic Block - used to attach the sentiment to and help to stamp it
MFT Black Ink  - used to stamp the tree and the sentiment in
Stamping Bella - the sentiment used on this card came from this stamp set
Inkadinkado Christmas Tree Stamp - used to stamp behind Linus and Snoopy - not able to locate a source for this tree though.
Cuttle Bug - machine used with the dies to cut out the snowflakes
Snowflake Dies - used with the Cuttlebug to cut out the snowflakes
Tweezers - used to help with the positioning of the snowflakes on the card front
Kiwi Ribbon - used for the ribbon and the bow on this card
Gold Wink of Stella - used to colour in the star at the top of the tree
Stardust Pens (Red and Green) - used on the sentiment to colour the letters and give them some shimmer
Gold Gems- used for the centres of the snowflakes
Plaid Red Paper - used for the mat around the image - cannot find the exact paper so I've linked to something similar
Blue Snowflake Paper - used for the background - this paper is out of All Seasons II paper pack which can be purchased at Hobby Lobby
White Paper - used for the card base as well as the paper that the main image and sentiment is stamped on

I would love to know what you think of this card below! 
Thanks for stopping by.  Ill be back soon with another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment