Monday, December 19, 2016

Watercoloured Thank You

Hey Everyone.  I am so happy to be able to share this with all of you.  I have been working on several orders over the past couple months, and I wanted to share another card(s) that is part of a couple of the orders.

I have had an obsession recently with water colours.  My bedding in my room is water coloured, my new planner cover is water coloured, I just love the look of it, so I needed to play with some colours for these cards.

I haven't used an embossing folder for quite some time, so thought that I would use one of them for the card base for this cards.
I used a very similar technique for both cards, but got a totally different look for each card.
Im going to walk you through the thought process behind each card.

For the first card.  I smooched 5 colours of Distress ink on my craft mat and smooched the paper into it after adding water to the ink, and once it was embossed with my cuttlebug.  I wasn't very careful about where the ink was ending up, and it initially looked like a huge mess, however once I added the embellishments and wording it looked awesome.  

Here's a front view of card #1...

Here's the side view of card #1...

For the second card.  I smooched the same colours onto my craft mat and added water to them, however this time with a piece of plastic transparency I picked up each colour and gently placed it onto the embossed card stock.  I was careful about positioning and wanted it to mostly be ontop of the medallions and not inside the white spaces.  I positioned the colours on the paper beside colours that I believed they would blend well with in order to avoid a huge mess of colours that don't blend well together.  I love how this ended up looking too.

Here's a front view of card #2...

Here's the side view of card #2...

Here's a picture of both cards together, so that you can see how both techniques looked very similar however, gave me slightly different looks and ended up creating 2 beautiful cards...

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the boarder on the card
Bone Folder - used to crease the card base
Acetate - used to pick up the ink and smoosh the ink onto the paper
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the circles and the wording to the card base
Foam Adhesive - used to raise the flowers on the cards.
Cuttle Bug Machine -  used with the dies to cut out the flowers, circles, and wording.
Upsy Daisy Die-Namics - used for the purple Flower
Pierced Circle Dies - used to cut out the coloured circles
Cuttlebug Letter Die - used to cut out the thank you wording for the card
MFT Gerbra Daisy Dienamic - used for the white flower (not able find a link for this)
Sizzix Embossing Folder - used for pressing the background paper. (not able to find a link for this)
Distress Ink - used for the ink used for the background - used a smooshing technique to move the ink
Tweezers - used to help with the positioning of all the elements.
Shimmer Spray - used on the Gerbra Daisy to give it some shimmer
Close to my Heart Boarders - used for the boarder along the left hand side of the cards
White Cardstock Paper - used for the card base and the background
Pink Paper, Teal Paper, Green Paper, Yellow Paper, Purple Paper (light), Purple Paper (dark) - all from my scraps so I don't have any links for them, however any coloured paper would work for this.

Second post for today, not bad at all :)

Please let me know what you think in the comments below.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment