Monday, January 30, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #5

Hey Everyone!
 I am back to share with you my card for Christmas Card Challenges this week.
If you are wanting to play along with us there aren't many rules.  The only rules are that you card has to be Christmas or Holiday themed.  You can play along with the challenge if you want, but you don't have to...however, who doesn't love a challenge to help spark some creativity thought?!

Here's this weeks challenge:


My card actually very quickly built itself.  The main part of the card started as an ATC that I'm sending to the ladies that I trade with. (I had mentioned in a previous post that I would share them with you sometime soon, that is still on my list of to dos).  I thought that it was perfect for a card front so added to it, and VOILA a card was born.  I just love the simplicity of the card and how pretty it turned out when I added shimmery paper, and that ribbon!  

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side of the card...


Here's the image/ATC  that I used for the front of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and all of the straight cuts of card stock paper
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon and the double sided tape
Ek Success Tweezers - used to help position the gems on the front of the card
Mini Blending Tool - used to blend the distress inks into each other
Mini Mister - used to spritz the water onto the card stock with the distressed ink to give it a droplet effect
Heat Tool - used to melt the embossing powder
Powder Tool - used to ensure that the embossing powder only sticks to the embossing ink
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base as well as the 
Acrylic Block - used to attach the sentiment stamp to which helps with stamping
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the various layers to the card front
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the snowflake to the card front
Clear Embossing Ink - used to stamp the sentiment in
Distress Ink - used to create the fade of colours on the front
Amy R - Winter Wishes - sentiment stamp used for the front of the card (no link available as this stamp line is discontinued)
Cuttlebug Machine - used with dies to cut out the snowflake
MFT Snowflake Die - used to cut out the snowflake for the card front
Silver Embossing Powder - used to add to the sentiment and then melted to finish off the wording
Blue Gems - used to add some shimmer to the front of the card front
Silver Ribbon - used to add a little bit of metallic fun to the card front
Purple Shimmer Paper - used to matt the atc/main image
Blue Cardstock - used to be the main matt on the card front
White Cardstock - used for the card base and to blend the distress ink on
White Shimmer Cardstock - used to cut out the snowflake in
Vellum - stamped the sentiment on this strip and wrapped it around the card front

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting my blog.  I would love it you would leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of my card!

Ill be back real soon with some more cards to share with you all! 

I hope to see each of you playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely water splattered background for your pretty snowflake! love the sentiment on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julia. I really enjoyed creating this card!

      Delete