Thursday, January 26, 2017

Orange and Green Thank You

Hey Everyone!  I am totally on a roll today for posting cards, and am very excited to share another Thank You Card with you today!  I am having a lot of fun working with various techniques, colouring mediums and colour schemes to create these cards, and I love how each of them turn out so different.  

For this card I started with colouring this image, and I wanted to colour it with colours that I don't often use, so I gravitated towards coral/orange and green.  I don't love orange, but this colour combo is beautiful.

Then there's this stamp, its been one that I've loved ever since I purchased it.  I think its so versatile and I love how it can be used on so many different kids of cards, and can be coloured so many different ways.

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Here's a close up of the coloured image on the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the other layers of the card front
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the bow and twine on the card front.  Also used to cut the double sided tape
Stamp Press - used stamp the image on the card front.
Mini Mister - used to add moisture to the distress ink used to colour the flower
Water-brush
Heat Tool - used to melt the embossing powder on the card front
EK Success Powder Tool - used to prevent the embossing powder to stick to anything other than the embossing ink.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help tie the bow on the card front, and position the tag on the card
Exacto Knife - used to help position the doodlebug sprinkles on the card front
Foam Adhesive - used to add dimension to the sentiment and the tag on the flower
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the pattern paper to the card front.
Embossing Ink - used to tamp the image in.
Distress Ink - ink used to colour the flower on the card.
Stamping Bella Stamp - Flower for a True Friend - main image used on the card front
White Embossing Powder - used to cover the image in, and then heat emboss.
White Ribbon - used around the flower to tie a bow
Bakers Twine - used under 
Peel off Tags - used for the tag on the flower
Peel Off Wording - used for the sentiment on the card front
Doodlebug Sprinkes - used to embellish the card front
Water Colour Cardstock - paper that I stamped and coloured the main image on
White Cardstock - used for the card base
 Green Shimmer Paper - used underneath the sentiment.
Coral Cardstock - used to matt the main image (from my stash so therefore there isn't a link)

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave some love for me below in the comments and let me know what you think of my cards!

Can't wait to be back soon to share another card with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment