Thursday, October 17, 2013

Happy Little Accident

I call this card a happy little accident, because thats exactly what it is.  I was asked to design a Bridal Shower card, and I began to create this card.  I used the colours that the customer had asked for and everything.  This card is a perfect example of a happy accident and a reminder that maybe I shouldn't start designing a card when I am tired.  

I am so happy with how this WEDDING card turned out, however I was wanting/ needing to design a Bridal Shower card for this customer.  I am glad though that not all is lost.

I used Stamping Bella's Uptown Couple, which is quickly becoming one of my favourite images for a wedding card for a couple.  I coloured the image using Letraset Promarkers and filled in the dress, flowers and hairpiece with diamond stickles.  I finished off the card with some silky silver ribbon, and a couple brads through paper flowers.  Tied it all together with the MR & MRS stamp from Stampin' Up!

Would love to know what you think of this happy little accident!

This is the front of the card...


Side view of the card...


Close up of the coloured image...


Honestly I am so happy with the way that it turned out and will continue to welcome happy accidents if they result in cards such as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment