Monday, October 14, 2013

Princess Birthday

So the most common card that I make is birthday cards, as many of you do as well I'm sure.  While I generally am creating cards for my friends or family members, I am rarely creating cards for kids birthdays.  However...knowing that I will in the future be making children's cards, I purchased a CC Designs Princesses stamp set and this was my first time using 1 of the 4 princesses.  I believe the princesses are based off of the 4 Disney Princesses.  The stamps are so cute, and I cannot wait to play with the other 3 princesses, but here's a card with one of them.

The princesses name is Williamina.  She reminds me of Cinderella even though I didnt colour her to look like Cinderella.  The customer who ordered this card asked for me to do the princess and card in pinks and purples, and for the princess to have blonde hair and blue eyes just like her little niece.  
I am so happy about how this card turned out!

I used my promarkers to colour her, and used Diamond Stickles to glimmer up her dress and crown.  I used Spellbinders dies to cute a couple mats, and pink lemonade bakers twine.  I finished it off with "Happy Birthday" wording and 3 daisies which have glitter along the edges and the inside of the flower.  

Front view


Side View
Hopefully this gives you an idea of the different layers and levels of mounting thats on this card.


Here is also a picture of the image, and the colouring and shading that I did with my Promarkers.  Hope you are inspired.  


She is so stinken cute!  
Would love to know your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment