Friday, October 19, 2018

Bridesmaid Wedding Request

Hey Everyone!  I hope that everyone's week is off to a good start! I thought that the weekends were for recovering and relaxing, but somehow mine aren't at all like that. 

This past weekend I went to a friends house, and enjoyed some card making time with her.  It's been close to 3 years since we've had a chance to do this, and hopefully this is just the start of card making together again.  I spent a lot of time colouring, so am very excited to start assembling the cards!

Anyways, I am back to share something new with you!  When I say something new I don't just mean a new card that I created, but I mean this was NEW for me.  I have NEVER created a card like this in all my years of card making, and I was honoured to have been asked to create this for a friend to help her ask people to be in her wedding.  

She her only request for this card was that the sentiment be the one that she sent me and that the colours be yellow and black (Hufflepuff colours).  Skies the limit right?  
This in itself I found fairly challenging, so I took to my Photoshop program, and started playing around and I came up with this really cute image.  I decided that I was happy with it, but that was only half the battle.  The other challenge was to make sure she like it, which thankfully she was in LOVE with what I had created.

This is a one of a kind card.  I did not create a second one of this, just the one that she's given to her Bridesmaid!

Here's the front view of the card that I created for her bridesmaid...


Here's the side view of the card that I created for her bridesmaid...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut out the card base
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour the image
Blending Stumps - used with the blending solution to smooth out the pencil crayons
Gamsol Blending Solution - used with the paper blending stumps to help break down the waxy pigment of the pencil crayon, and smooth out the colours.
Lyra Blending Pen - help to smooth out the pencil crayons and remove the steaks that pencil crayon colouring leave behind. (cannot find the exact product, so linked to something similar)
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to fussy cut out the image before applying it to the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attache the front and back of the card to each other.
Foam Adhesive - used to pop up the main wreath image
Icicle Stickles - used to add some shimmer to the main image and help add some dimension to the image.
Doodlebug Sprinkles (white lily, bumblebee, and limeade) - used to help embellish the card front. 

Scraps - Orange Paper used for the card base (this is a scrap piece of paper, so I don't have a link for this resource unfortunately, however you could use pretty much any heavy weight cardstock for the card front/base.)

No comments:

Post a Comment