Thursday, October 18, 2018

September 2017 ATC

Hi Ya'll!  I know that I have been away for a very long time, however it's been a very interesting couple months.  I won't bore you with the finer details, however in the last couple months we've welcomed a new baby into the family...not mine, but I've got a brand new nephew!  Labour and delivery was a challenge for my sister, so we have been picking up the pieces and spending more time with my 28 month old niece to do our best to help out.  During my time away from my blog we've done some traveling (most recently to Nashville).  I've been doing some massive physio for my vertigo, and it seems like it's FINALLY under control, so I will be able to sit and blog again without feeling like I'm on a boat!  

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be back with you!

For those of you who are new to my blog usually I don't take the time to go through the process step by step, as often it happens over several sittings.  I don't mind answering any questions with regards to the process privately if you wish to talk about it.  Also below I do my absolute best to link to as many products as possible.  If the products are no longer available, then I will note this, and will link to a substitution if I know of one.  Some of the products that I use are scraps (which is often the case with ATCs like this one, so I may not know the exact product, but I will do my best to link to something similar.)

I am behind posting so much, but I thought that I would start with posting some of my 2017 ATCs that I haven't shared with you yet.  For those of you who don't know what ATCs are there are not honestly very many rules to creating them.  The only concrete rule is that they are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches.  Everything else is up to you!  When I create mine I tend to really pull my inspiration from either the time of year or the holiday and season that is upon us.  Generally I make one a month, and I am in a group where we trade with one another.  Basically once you receive one in the mail from someone, you are responsible for returning mail to them with a new ATC.  

Because I live in Canada usually September is back to school for all the little ones, so I thought that I would create my ATC with this in mind.  I had a pattern paper that I was really wanting to use, so this provided the PERFECT opportunity to do this.  I should also mention that usually I create 10 of the same ATC, however sometimes the colour combinations of scrap papers differ between them, and I usually intend to use up scraps, and this is an amazing chance to do so.

Here is the front view of my September ATC...


Here is the side view of my September ATC...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut out the card base and the pattern paper background.
Acrylic Block - used to attach the polymer stamps to.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the stars and the little extra school supplies to.
Anti-Static Powder Tool - used to ensure that the embossing powder only sticks too where the embossing ink was stamped.
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to fussy cut out the school supplies, as well as the chalkboard.
Paint Brush - used to splatter the white acrylic paint onto the black cardstock.
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the pattern paper, and the chalkboard to the base of the ATC
Foam Adhesive - used to pop up 2 of the stars and the apple.
Mono-Multi Glue - used to attach the chalk, brush and stars to the base of the ATC.
Watercolour Pencil Crayons - used to colour the images with
Waterbrush - used to blend out the watercolour pencil crayons
Versamark Embossing Ink - used to stamp the sentiment in
MFT Ink - used to stamp the school supplies with
White Acrylic Paint - used to splatter on the chalk board, to make it look a little bit dirty/used.
White Embossing Powder - used to really bring emphasis to the sentiment. 
Lawn Fawn "a good apple" - stamp set used to stamp the school supplies, and the chalk board.
Impression Obsession "Dream what you want" - used to stamp the main sentiment on the ATC
Cuttlebug Machine - used to cut out the stars with the the star dies
MFT Stacking Stars - Due cut set used to cut out the stars. (struggling to find a Canadian or US source)
White Cardstock - used to stamp for the ATC base and used to stamp the chalk onto.
Watercolour Cardstock - used to stamp the apple, brush and chalkboard onto prior to colouring them.
All Seasons 2 Paper Package - used for the background pattern paper. (purchased at Hobby Lobby - All Seasons 4 is currently available)
Various Cardstock Scraps - black, yellow, red, orange, blue, green and purple. (from my scraps, so you can use anything to cut out these stars.)



No comments:

Post a Comment