Saturday, June 3, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #12

Welcome back!  I am so glad that you are here again!  I know I said I'd be taking things slowly, but once I started typing I just can't seem to stop.  I guess I must really have missed posting and not doing anything for the last 4 weeks!  I am so excited to be on the mend and to be able to get back to doing the things I love without pain!  Still no new designs for the next couple weeks, but I am going to get my blog back on track and you're going to see some new to you designs!

I love so much being part of the Christmas Card Challenges Design Team, and I love the stash of cards that I am working on creating ahead of the holiday.  I am beyond excited that every person will get a handmade card this year!  

This card is from a couple weeks back...here's the challenge that it was for.


I loved this photo, however I wanted to create a card without gold.  It's honestly one of my personal challenges, as I don't like the look of yellow gold...a lot of you who follow my blog know that!

Here's the card that I created for this challenge.  I am not sure what happened to the side view image of this card.

Here's the front of the card...


I love that while there are traditional colours that I used on this card there are also untraditional elements.  I am so happy that the focal point ended up being this old fashioned red truck.  I love this stamp and am reminded every time I use it how much I love it!

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and the various layers of the card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon and bow on the card
Glue Dots - used to attach the buttons to the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attach various layers to the card
Quickie Glue - used to attach the loose glitter to the snow on the image
Foam Adhesive - used to add dimension to the sentiment
Acrylic Block - used to attach the image to which helped stamping the sentiment
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
EK Success Tweezers - used to tie the ribbon into a bow
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the image and sentiment in
Stampendous Christmas Truck - main image used on the card front (cannot find a link to this product but it was purchased at Michaels Canada)
C.C. Designs - Naughty or Nice Stamp Set - used for the sentiment on this card (cannot find a link to this product it might be discontinued)
Promarkers - used to colour the image with 
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the car, tree and wreath
Loose Glitter - used to add shimmer to the snow under the car
Ribbon - used to embellish the top of the card
Buttons - used to embellish the bottom left side of the card
Copic Paper - used to stamp the main image onto
White Cardstock - used to stamp the sentiment on and for the card base
All Seasons II Paper Pack - used for the snowflake pattern paper (not the exact paper pack, but linked to another edition of the paper pack)
Blue Cardstock - used to mat the sentiment 
Red Cardstock - used to mat the main image

Cant wait to be back to share more with you!  Please leave some comment love below for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment