Saturday, June 3, 2017

Zoe's First Birthday Invite

Hey Y'all.  Apparently I just couldn't stay away, so here I am back to share another card/invitation with you all.  I was honoured to be asked to create this card for my little Niece's first Birthday Party.  My sister wanted to have an under the sea theme, and this stamp set was absolutely perfect for this.  I used colours that are part of the theme of the party.  I only created one of these invites, as the people who were invited were done so either through facebook or because they are immediate family they already had knowledge about it.   Ashley (my sister) then asked for us all to sign inside the invite with our well wishes for Zoe, so that she could add this to her keepsake book so that she has it to look back on in years to come.  

I cannot believe it's already been a year since she was born.  I remember the day of her birth so vividly.  Watching her grow is so much fun, but part of me wishes she was little forever because the cuddles are never the same as they grow up.

Here's the invitation that I created for her Birthday Party...

Here's the front of the invite...


Here's the side view of the invite...(I had hoped it would show off the sparkles better, but for some reason it just didn't capture it like I had hoped...maybe next time ill turn on the flashlight.)...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and various layers of the invite
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut and trim the edges of some of the strips
Exacto Knife - used to help position and add gems
Acrylic Blocks - used to attach stamps to in order to stamp the image
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach various layers of the invite together
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the mermaid and seahorse to the card front
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the images in 
C.C. Designs Stamp - Under the Sea - stamp used for the images
Martha Stewart Doily Lacy Edge Punch - punch used for the edges of the invite
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour the images
Gamsol - solution used to help blend the pencil crayons
Blending Stumps - used with the gambol to smooth the pencil crayon
Blue Gems - used to look like bubbles
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the images, and the teal paper (both of which are hard to see in the pictures)
Watercolour Cardstock - used to stamp the mermaid and sea horse to
Teal Cardstock - used for strips on the invite
Purple Cardstock - used for the scalloped sections on the invitation
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Recollection Pattern Paper - Light Blue Distressed 125142 (purchase at Michaels Canada - unfortunately I cannot find a link for them online.)
Text - Created and printed on the computer

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out this special card that I got the opportunity to create.
I would love to know what you think!  Please leave some love below in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment