Tuesday, October 18, 2016

50th Anniversary Card - Military Themed

Thanks for joining me again today. Im sharing with you the card for Day 17 of my October Challenge.  Today I am sharing a very special card with you.  I was asked to create this card for a couple who are a military family.  I have been told that only a couple months ago their son died from PTSD.  The card that I was asked to create was for a 50th Wedding Anniversary.  When I asked her what she was thinking for the card she told me "camo paper, 50th Anniversary wording, hearts, and a dragonfly."  The requests for this card were something that at first I really struggled to grasp my mind around.  Everything inside me wanted to put gold on this card as it is their golden anniversary.  I had to think outside the box and create something that fit most if not all of the things she was asking for.  

I started with the hearts, and then cut the letters out for the wording. I decided that the hearts needed a little bit something extra but I wanted had to stick with the feel I had started.  This card is simple, and turned out soooo cool!  On the inside with wording I added the dragonfly, so I got all of her wants into this card.  YAY for me!  She loved it and I hope that the couple receiving this card likes it just as much!

Hope that you enjoy this card.

Here's the front view of the card...

Here's the side view of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut various layers of the card as well as the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the layers together as well as the back heart
Foam Adhesive - used to give dimension to the one heart on the card
Ranger Matte Medium - used to adhere the letters to the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the twine on this card
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the letters and hearts on the card front
Cuttle Bug Machine - used to cut out the hearts and the letters
Letter Dies - used to personalize the wording on this card (couldn't find exact product, but I linked to something similar)
Heart Dies - used to cut out the hearts for this card
Twine/Tweed - used to add to the hearts and tied them in a bow
Camo Paper - used to cut the letters in and for the front hearts (linked to a product similar, but its not exact to what I used as the camo paper was from my scrap stash)
White Cardstock - used for the card base, and the main background
Green Paper - from my stash of scrap papers

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card for the occasion, I bet they loved it. I'm just stopping by from the Christmas Card Challenges to say hi and welcome to the crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Laurie. I am so excited to be part of the team over at Christmas Card Challenges.

      Delete