Monday, October 17, 2016

Mother's Day Card - Day 12

Hey Everyone!
I am so sorry that I've been away for a couple days.  Wednesday I dealt with an emergency so it kept me at work longer than I wanted to be.  Thursday I designed a bunch of cards, but worked a night shift so didn't have a chance to post it, Friday I worked and was away, and Saturday and Sunday I worked all day...so needless to say I've been busy, and while I haven't been posting, I have been keeping good and making a card a day.  

That exciting news that I have been talking about I will be able to share with you over the next couple days.  I totally cannot wait to share this with you and get started with it.  

As far as this card goes...I promised that I would do something slightly different than Birthday or Wedding/Love, so here it is.  I created this Mother's Day card for an order that I have been working on.  I was so excited to play with 2 of my favourite colours.  I also got to play with my prisma coloured pencil crayons, which I haven't gotten to play with all that much prior to this, but I really enjoyed it, and I think that I am going to be using them ALOT in the future.  

I added some stardust glitter to the ribbon and love that you can see it here in the pictures.  I think that it finishes off the card really nicely and gives it that little shimmer that it needs.  

Here's the image that I used on the card...


Here's the front view of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the various layers of the card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon on this card
Double Sided Tape - used to adhere all the layers of this card together
EK Tweezers - used to position the sprinkles and the sentiment on this card
Acrylic Block - used with the word stamp to stamp the sentiment
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the image and the sentiment in 
Amy R Stamps - this stamp set is discontinued
Magenta Stamp (main image) - flowers on the card. (linked to website but couldn't find exact stamp)
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour this image
Gamsol - blending solution used to smooth out the pencil crayons
Blending Stumps - tool used with the gamsol to smooth out the pencil crayons
Stardust (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the ribbon on this card
Bakers Twine - string used along the side of the card
Doodle Bug Sprinkles - pink and green embellishments on this 
White Cardstock - used for the card base and the paper that the wording is stamped on
Water Coloured Cardstock - paper that the main image is stamped onto

No comments:

Post a Comment