Friday, October 28, 2016

Merry Monday Challenge #219 - Day 23

Hey Everyone!  I am back again with a card for Day 23 of the October Challenge.  I know that I am a little behind on the posting, but I'm working at getting caught back up.  Its going to take some time but I'll get there.

As some of you know over the last 2 years I have struggled with feeling in my hand and numb fingers as a result of a work injury which occurred a little over 2 years ago.  Just a little over a month I had surgery to repair some of the damaged nerves in my hand as well as my carpal tunnel surgery.  My hand is almost nearly heeled (minus some pains still), so I am so happy to be getting back into playing along with some of the challenges that in the past I have really enjoyed.

I designed this card to play along with the challenge over at Merry Monday.  When I saw the challenge I knew that I had a stamp that was perfect for this challenge, and I just knew that I had to play along.

 

I started with the image, and then built the card off of it.  The pattern paper that I used were scraps from my stash and I was able to use pieces of bakers twine that were also in my scrap box.  The stickers that I used for the wording were in my stash and there weren't that many left, so I guess they are like scraps too.

Here's the image on the card...


Here's the side of the card...


Here's the front of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and various layers of this card.
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon on this card.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help tie the bow on the card.
MFT Ink - used to stamp the image in
Double Sided Tape - used to attach all the pieces together.
Ranger Matte Medium - used to hold the bow on the card in place
Watercolour Paper - used to stamp the main image onto.
Prisma Coloured Pencil Crayons -  pencil crayons used to colour the image.
Gamsol - solution used to blend the pencil crayons
Blending Stumps - stumps used with the gambol to help smooth and blend the pencil crayons
Cuttlebug Machine - used to cut the image out with the die
Pierced Square Die -  used with the cuttlebug machine to cut out the image
Bakers Twine - used for the ribbon and the bow on the card.
Heat Tool - used to melt the liquid appliqué and make it puff up.
Liquid Applique - Used for the snow effect on the image
Loose Glitter - used ontop of the Liquid Applique to give it a shimmer.
White Cardstock - used for the card base
All Seasons II Paper Pack - can be found at Hobby Lobby (no link online available)
Solid Coloured Paper - green and red (scraps from my scrap box)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely image and I like the colours you used for your Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love playing with Traditional Christmas colours. I love playing along at Merry Monday, thanks for having me :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by to leave me some love! I really enjoyed playing along!

      Delete