Monday, April 10, 2017

Birthday Fishes

Hey everyone.  I am back again with another card...I know that I neglected my blog for a couple weeks, but I am back at it for a bit, until May 8th that is.  Ill be having surgery on my carpal tunnel, and won't have use of my right dominant hand for 4-6 weeks :(

I entered this card for the Seize the Birthday Challenge this week.  I didn't play along with the Toppings part of the challenge, but always enjoy the chance to play along.

Anyways... Im here to share another card with you, so lets get back to it.

Today I wanted to share with you a card that I made for my dad's birthday and a card order.  I thought that I would double up and make 2 of these cards.  I had purchased this pattern paper a while back, and if you know me you know that pattern papers are sort of my downfall.  I am totally a sucker for cute pattern papers. I don't even know where I got the paper for this card from, but my boyfriend remembered that it was from Hobby Lobby.  Such great paper, I really do wish that I had purchased more.

The image that I paired it with was perfect too.  I coloured the image first, and then dug out this paper, and I couldn't be happier with how well the coloured image matched that paper.

Here's the front of the card...


Here's a side view of the card...


Here's a close up of the coloured image...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and various other layers on this card
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the buttons on the card front, position the letters, and tie the bows on the card.
Tim Holts Scissors - used to cut the tails in the flags, and trim the twine
Bone Folder - used to help crease and fold the seam of the card
Acrylic Block - used to attach the stamp to in assisting the stamping of the image
Glue Dots - used to help attach the buttons to the card fronts
Double Sided Tape - used to help attach the layers of this card onto the card base 
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the main image in
Impression Obsession - Catching Zs - the stamp used as the focal point of this card
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour in the main image
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the die to cut out the main image
MFT Pierced Rectangle Die - used to cut out the main image, and add little pin holes along the edge of the square
Buttons - used to help embellish the card front
Black Letters - used to add a sentiment to this card front
Twine - used to tie the bow and the knot
White Cardstock - used for the card base, and to stamp the main image on 
Green Cardstock -used for the background on the flags for the lettering and to mat the main image (this paper is from my paper stash so I have no link for this product)
Blue Cardstock - used for the mat for the main image and mat (this paper is from my paper stash so I have no link for this product)
Pattern Fish Paper - used for the background on the card base

Thank you so much for stopping by to check and see what I've been working on.  Please leave me some love in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment