Monday, April 10, 2017

Black and Brown Sympathy

Hey There!  It's me I am back with another card to share with you.  I finished a card order, and it was half Thank You Cards and half Sympathy Cards.  Its often very difficult for me to create Sympathy Cards in the moment, and the person who ordered them realizes how difficult it is to find time to go to the store and pick one out in the moment.  

When I create sympathy cards I like to create something subtle and understated, and in more neutral colours.  I don't want something bright and cheerful as I really want it to mirror the current mood of the occasion for which they are receiving the card.

Additionally it makes me so happy that this card was created out of a lot of scraps

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and the various layers of the card front
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card front
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the peel offs to the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the layers to the card front
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the boarders to the card front
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the main image with
Birch Tree Stamps - used for the main image on the card (unfortunately this image was in my scrap box and already stamped, but its not a stamp that I own so no link is available)
Martha Stewart Scallop/Shell Punch - used to punch the boarder on the paper (product isn't available anymore, so I am unable to locate a link for this)
Stardust Silver Pen - used to add shimmer to the birch trees
Peel Off "With Sympathy" Wording - used for the sentiment on the card front
Black Cardstock - used for various mats on the card front
Egg Shell Cardstock - used to stamp the main image on
Brown Cardstock - used for some of the elements of the card front layout (unfortunately this paper is from my scraps, so I don't have a link for it.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been working on.  I would love to know what you think, and what you would like to see more of.


See you again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment