Monday, April 10, 2017

Shane's Birthday Card

Hey Everyone,  I am spending this beautiful day off blogging and catching up on things.  I have been soooo busy designing that apparently I've failed to upload my cards while I go.  Shame on me :(  

I created this card back at the beginning of march for my boyfriend's birthday.  A couple posts back I shared the invitations that I made for his birthday party, and his card was based off of those invites!

Im totally on a roll using up scrap papers.  There are so many beauties that I can't help but play with.  This card isn't an exemption to this, it features ONLY scraps of paper, no new sheets were harmed in the creating of this card.  hahaha!  I know sometimes I can be funny.  

I haven't made many shaker cards, so this is still a technique that I need to continue to work on.  Shane was jealous last year that his mom got a shaker card for her birthday and that he didn't so I thought that I would make him a special shaker for a special Birthday.

If I could have changed one thing about this card I think it would have been that I would have changed the colour of the number 30 on this card, but other than that I am very happy about how this card turned out.

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side view of the card..


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and to cut the strips of paper
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ends into the flags on the card front
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the strips of paper to the card front
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the layers of foam to one another, and attached the pattern circle onto the top of it
Cuttlebug Machine - used to cut out the circles for the shaker
MFT Pierced Circle Die - used to cut out the circles for the shaker
Acetate - used on the shaker piece to prevent the glitter from falling out
Fun Foam - used to build up the circle piece for the shake
Martha Stewart Glitter - glitter used inside the shaker
Chipboard Numbers - used to put the age 30 on the card front.  (not an exact product, but linked to something similar)
White Cardstock - used for the card base of the card.
Pattern Papers - used for the strips and flags on the card front as well as the circle. (these are scraps from my stash so there is no links for them)

Thanks for stopping by.  I would love some feedback on my shaker, and tips to make them that much better.  Cant wait to share some more new cards with you over the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment