Sunday, April 9, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #10

Hey Everyone!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I am so happy to be back designing alongside this awesome design team.  I unfortunately didn’t design a card for last week’s challenge, as I had hurt my back, so wasn’t doing much card making at all as I found it difficult to sit for long periods of time.
I am however back this week, and really enjoyed the challenge for Christmas Card Challenges and am so blessed to be able to design alongside some incredibly talented women.

It would be so awesome if you would play along with us! 
Here’s this week’s challenge.



When I first saw this photo I knew immediately which stamp I was going to use for this challenge.  The gingerbread house image that I used is one of my most favourite stamps.  
I love how it looks and I love the various possibilities that you have when colouring it.  It looks amazing stamped on kraft paper, it looks so cool with liquid applique on the frosted areas to give it some dimension, and its also a great stamp to pair with some of the other ones in the set to create a beautiful scene.

Here's the front of my card...


Here's the side view of my card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the pattern paper
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the wording straight on the card front
Exacto Knife - used to help position and place the sprinkles
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to fussy cut out the gingerbread house
Acrylic Block - used to attach the stamp to for stamping the image
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the gingerbread house, and wording to the card front
Quickie Glue - used to cover the snowy parts on the gingerbread house, and the letters on the card which the glitter stuck to
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the pattern paper to the card front
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the gingerbread house in
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour the gingerbread house in
Gamsol - the solution used to smooth the pencil crayon
Blending Stumps - used with the gambol to blend the pencil crayon colour
MFT Sweet Christmas - main image (gingerbread) used for this card
Cuttlebug Machine - used with a die to cut out the sentiment for the card front
Tim Holtz Holiday Words 2 Die - wording die used as the sentiment on the card front
Loose Glitter - used to attach and add shimmer to the sentiment and the frosted parts on the gingerbread house
Doodlebug Sprinkles - used to add some dimension and interest to the card front.
White Cardstock - used for the card base and to stamp the image onto, and to cut the wording out of
All Seasons II Pattern Paper - used for the background paper on this card. (This product was available in Hobby Lobby, however I am not able to find it online)

No comments:

Post a Comment